Overview of Windows 10
Windows 10 is a unique operating system launched by Microsoft and has more great features then its previous versions. A newly introduced browser “Microsoft Edge” defines the innovative feature of Windows 10 that allows you to take notes while browsing. Let us see how to install Windows 10 on a brand new computer:
Pre installation checklist:
1. Processor: 1 GHZ or faster processor.
2. Memory (RAM): 1 GB for 32 bit and 2 GB for 64 bit.
3. Free space required on Hard Disk: 16 GB atleast.
4. Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM drivers.
These are some prerequisites that you must at least have in your computer hardware to install Windows 10 smoothly.
Installation of Windows 10:
1. Turn ON your computer and insert the installation disc of Windows 10 in the DVD drive. You may need to restart your computer and enter the ‘BIOS settings’ to check if the DVD is selected as first boot device. Please select DVD as the first boot device in the BIOS settings and save the settings before exiting.
2. Once you exit the BIOS screen the computer will reboot and the installation process will begin.
3. The first page displayed is your ‘Installation page.’ On this page select the language and preferences according to your requirement. Click ‘Next’ when you are done.
4. Click “Install now” to install Windows 10.
5. Now you can select if you want to perform “Clean Install” or you want to upgrade from previous versions.
6. When you are installing Windows 10 on a brand new computer without operating system (Bare-metal) you can select “Custom Install”.
7. Select the drive on which you want to install Windows 10 operating system.
8. Click “Next” to install.
9. The installation process will begin and complete in 5 steps:
a. Copying windows files.
b. Getting files ready for installation.
c. Installing features.
d. Installing updates.
e. Finishing up.
10. The computer will restart after completing the 5 steps and will ask to provide basic settings like “Windows Update” settings. Click on “Use Express Settings”.
11. A Microsoft account is required to utilize all the features of Windows 10. Sign in with your Microsoft account and click “Next”.
12. If you want to copy your settings and app settings from another computer select “Show all my PC’s” and choose the computer from which you want to pull the settings. If you want to set this computer with the new settings than select “Set this up as a new PC instead and click “Next”.
13. One drive is an awesome storage feature which comes integrated with Windows 10. Your camera roll and PC settings will automatically get backed up to the cloud and new documents that you create will be saved to One Drive by default. Click “Next” when you are done.
14. The apps installation screen will appear and will take some time for the apps to get installed on your computer. Once the installation of apps is complete you will see Windows 10 desktop.
15. With this we have completed the installation of Windows 10 Operating system.
You can now check the new features of Windows 10 by navigating through the start menu and playing with some options on the screen. You can also look around the media gallery options in windows 10. The most important feature in windows 10 is that it is a cloud based operating system and can be installed on all devices. For eg: Mobile, Smart phones, tablets, Xbox, etc. Hence it is also referred to as Universal Operating System. Enjoy the experience!
If you require further training in installing and configuring Windows 10, QA offer a comprehensive range of Microsoft accredited courses. Contact them on 0330 029 2400